Galavanta is a start-up specialized in experiential luxury travel in Colombia. We are a fast-growing and dynamic company looking for hard-working, creative and enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Galavanta designs travel itineraries for high net-worth individuals primarily from England, United States, Canada, and France. We work with our clients to modify the itinerary until we jointly achieve the perfect blend of luxury, adventure, cultural immersion and relaxation. Our extensive knowledge of Colombia enables us to handpick the best hotels, restaurants, experiences, private transportation, and support personnel based on guests’ preferences. We also collaborate with topic experts (historians, archeologists, artists, chefs), jet and helicopter companies, and private properties to provide our guests with one-of-a-kind experiences. We then meticulously coordinate every detail of the travel logistics to guarantee a perfect trip.
Galavanta was founded by two McGill University MBA graduates, who were originally born and raised in Colombia and France. At Galavanta, we strongly believe employees are our key strength, and therefore our main priority: happy employees create happy customers, which results in positive business results. We encourage work-life balance, a healthy and positive working environment, and a comfortable and creative office space/design. Galavanta strongly supports sustainable tourism and community involvement to contribute to the Colombia’s development.
If you’re as passionate about travel as we are, then please drop us a line, we’d love to hear from you. Take a look at the career opportunities listed below. If you don’t see the job you’re looking for, feel free to send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact you next time we’re recruiting.
We’re currently recruiting staff for our new amazing project in Los Llanos! It will see the opening of the first private camp of its kind in Colombia, inspired by African-style luxury Safari. Our guests will experience a comfortable and exclusive stay in the beautiful natural setting of Los Llanos, where they will discover a variety of activities related to the sighting of wildlife, adventure, Llanero “cowboy” work and culture. Find out more on www.CorocoraCamp.com.
What you’ll do:
The Service Manager will be working along the Camp Manager and Kitchen Staff to attend to the guests needs, ensure the quality of the attention, and overseeing the bar and table service.
• Responsible of the guest experience: excellent customer service, personalized attention and special requests
• Provide a personalized service to meet all the needs of the guests.
• Prepare the necessary elements for the welcome of the guests.
• After check-in, introduce yourself to the guest, accompany the guest to your tent and explain the facilities of the room and hotel, and offer assistance for the rest of your stay.
• Assist guests with baggage handling to ensure safe and timely delivery.
• Respond to all requests and questions of the guests in a friendly and attentive manner and refer the issues to the relevant people to handle them.
• Offer assistance to guests with the shine of shoes, packing and unpacking of luggage
Food & Drinks
• Prepare and clean the areas for table service
• Assembly of the main dining room and private dining rooms
• Offer and serve drinks and food
• Keep track of additional orders
• Prepare drinks
What you’ll need:
• Languages: fluent spoken English, any other language is an added value
• Experience in customer service
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage and receive constructive comments from clients and employees
• Leadership and teamwork, conflict resolution and good human resources management
• Observation Capacity
Where and how:
• Full-time employment in Cartagena (Centro)
• Possibility of working remotely when necessary
• Possibility of travelling to Bogota and other destinations in Colombia
What you’ll do:
• Write content about Colombia’s destinations, hotels, restaurants, people, and experiences for Galavanta’s website and itineraries
• Collaborate with international journalists and publications to co-write articles, pitch new Colombia travel articles, and coordinate journalist visits
• Create new and innovative experiences for international travellers visiting Colombia
• Design and implement SEO and SEM tactics to improve Galavanta’s search engine rankings and website visits
• Daily management of Galavanta’s social media accounts to increase presence and awareness of Galavanta, and generate new sales leads
• Manage the design, content writing and distribution of monthly newsletters
• Design marketing content (digital) to generate awareness of Galavanta’s products and services
• Participate in the research, design and quoting process of themed group itineraries
• Expand Galavanta’s network of providers and collaborators, including helicopter and jet services, chefs, private properties, and topic experts (historians, architects, chefs, etc.) to create new experiences
• Participate in designing and implementing strategies to grow Galavanta and increase sales
• Assist in researching and establishing new service providers in different destinations
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
• Outstanding content writing skills in English (travel writing)
• Ability to think outside the box to generate creative and innovative ideas for travel experiences, and means to increase sales and profitability
• Knowledge of SEO, SEM, social media, and digital marketing techniques
• Ability to problem solve, multitask and have multiple roles
• Excellent disposition, teamwork/interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
• Self-motivated individual who can take initiative and manage projects start-to-finish
• Passion for travelling, and an interest in topics such as nature, adventure, gastronomy, culture, and history
• Graphic design abilities is an extra highly valued asset
If you’re interested in any of the opportunities above, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and availability to email@example.com, specifying which role you are applying for in the subject line.