Galavanta is a start-up specialized in experiential luxury travel in Colombia. We are a fast-growing and dynamic company looking for hard-working, creative and enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Galavanta designs travel itineraries for high net-worth individuals primarily from England, United States, Canada, and France. We work with our clients to modify the itinerary until we jointly achieve the perfect blend of luxury, adventure, cultural immersion and relaxation. Our extensive knowledge of Colombia enables us to handpick the best hotels, restaurants, experiences, private transportation, and support personnel based on guests’ preferences. We also collaborate with topic experts (historians, archeologists, artists, chefs), jet and helicopter companies, and private properties to provide our guests with one-of-a-kind experiences. We then meticulously coordinate every detail of the travel logistics to guarantee a perfect trip.
Galavanta was founded by two McGill University MBA graduates, who were originally born and raised in Colombia and France. At Galavanta, we strongly believe employees are our key strength, and therefore our main priority: happy employees create happy customers, which results in positive business results. We encourage work-life balance, a healthy and positive working environment, and a comfortable and creative office space/design. Galavanta strongly supports sustainable tourism and community involvement to contribute to the Colombia’s development.
If you’re as passionate about travel as we are, then please drop us a line, we’d love to hear from you. Take a look at the career opportunities listed below. If you don’t see the job you’re looking for, feel free to send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com so we can contact you next time we’re recruiting.
Where and how:
• Full-time employment in Cartagena (Centro)
• Possibility of working remotely when necessary
• Possibility of travelling to Bogota and other destinations in Colombia
What you’ll do:
• Correspond with new and existing clients during the travel design process (via email and telephone)
• Develop a quote for each itinerary with Galavanta’s pricing tools
• Design client’s itineraries: write the itinerary details, allocate relevant photos, establish timing of activities, etc.
• Assist the Logistics Team by overseeing the implementation of each client’s itinerary logistics
What you’ll need:
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills
• Familiarity with Colombia’s top travel destinations
• Passion for travelling, and an interest in topics such as nature, adventure, gastronomy, culture, history and/or art
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to problem solve and multitask
• Excellent disposition, teamwork/interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
• Ability to think outside the box to generate creative and innovative ideas for travel experiences, and means to increase sales and profitability
• Self-motivated individual who can take initiative and manage projects start-to-finish
• Knowledge of additional languages (i.e. French, Portuguese, German, etc.) is an asset
If you’re interested in any of the opportunities above, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying which role you are applying for in the subject line.