Festive & New Year’s in Colombia
It’s not too late!
No matter the destination travellers choose, Galavanta can organize everything, from access to the top NYE parties in Cartagena, to private dinners and live music – even in the most remote locations!
Private Villa – Cartagena
This colonial villa located in Cartagena’s Old City was owned and designed by one of Colombia’s top interior designers, and is now opening its doors to discerning travellers seeking for an oasis in Cartagena. This 7-bedroom colonial villa located in Cartagena’s Old City is ideal for families or friends who want to be in the middle of one of the most coveted NYE destinations.
What to expect? The entire Old City shuts down it’s streets for locals to throw street parties, live music in the plazas and plenty of dancing!!
- 5 rooms and 1 duplex suite (2 rooms) with AC and en-suite bathrooms
- Rooftop terrace with large swimming pool, loungers and solarium
- Spacious dining and social areas
- Indoor courtyard with gardens
- Full-time staff: English-speaking host, cook and housekeeping
- Nature experiences in Cartagena’s countryside
- Speedboat or yacht to the Rosario islands
- Visit markets and cooking classes
- Discover history, culture, art and architecture of Cartagena
- Mountain biking and kayaking for active guests
- Helicopter expeditions to Sierra Nevada
- Epic NYE parties
Starting at $4,580 USD / night including breakfast and fully staffed. Available December 26 – January 2.
Corocora Wildlife Camp – Los Llanos
Located in a private reserve in the vast plains of Los Llanos region, Corocora Camp was designed to offer utmost comfort and service in this remote region. The reserve covers 9,000 hectares replete with wildlife such as capybaras, giant anteaters, white-tailed deer, pumas, howler monkeys, caimans and over 200 fascinating and colourful bird species. For the extra adventurous, hop on a helicopter for expeditions to even more remote and stunning nature reserves.
- 4 sleeping tents
- Private outdoor terraces
- En-suite bathrooms with hot water showers and flushing toilets
- Dining tent and bonfire area
- English-speaking naturalist guides
- Llanero cowboy guides
- Horseback riding with llanero cowboys
- Tracking wildlife
- 4×4 expeditions
- Artisanal fishing
- River expeditions
- Sundowners and live llanero music around a bonfire
Starting at $490 USD / person / night. Private camp (4 tents for 8 guests) $3,920 USD / night. Includes all meals, private guide, non-alcoholic beverages (filtered water, natural fruit juices, tea, coffee), and select experiences around the camp.
Casa Del Presidente – Barichara
This historic villa was the home of the former president Belisario Betancur, also one of the most important contributors to Barichara’s architectural and cultural preservation. The villa offers activities for all kinds of travellers: Nature, outdoor sports, art & culture; making it an ideal place for everyone in the family.
- 5 bedrooms for up to 10 guests, all with en-suite bathrooms and hot-water showers
- 2 indoor and 2 outdoor dining areas
- Large swimming pool and gardens
- Spacious covered terrace with hammocks and lounge areas
- Outdoor cinema
- Curated selection of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Full-time staff: Chef, English-speaking host, cook and housekeeping
- • In-home massages and spa services
- In-home yoga and meditation services
- History and culture walks with a local expert
- Trekking along Barichara’s ancient paths
- Biking excursion
- River rafting
Starting at $1,660 USD / night for 4 people, including breakfast and full staff. Option for half-board and full-board available.
Casa San Agustin – Cartagena
This award-winning 31-room boutique hotel seamlessly combines authentic Colombian décor with top services and contemporary comfort. Located in the middle of Cartagena’s Old City, it’s the perfect location to explore and enjoy this Caribbean city, and enjoy the epic NYE celebrations.
- 20 guestrooms and 11 suites
- Swimming pool & solarium
- Butler & housekeeping service
- Concierge Services
- Afternoon tea served daily in the library
- Live jazz on Wednesdays at the hotel’s restaurant
- Private beach in Baru island
- Hotel bikes available for guests
Starting at $1,073 USD / night including breakfast. 5-night minimum from December 28 – January 2.